Saturday 8 September 2012

A Short Story #1: Sacrifice

Alright. I just feel like venting all of my feelings into these short stories. Well, I'm not sure it is as good as those novels out there so this is just for fun. Hope you'll enjoy it. This is the First Series of A Short Story.


You know that feeling? The awkwardness when you transferred school and on the first day attending school where everyone stares at you as if they were seeing an entity or an extraterrestrial being. Have you ever felt that? Have you ever been there? Well it seems like it is my destiny. I’ve changed school for like the hundredth time date today. It was as if I was a refugee running from the authorities. Huh. How I wish it was that easy. My past is so different from others here. Not to mention that this school is an elite school. Woah. I didn’t even know I was even allowed in this kind of place. I feel so out of place now.

Looking around, Mia walked to the office to get her schedule but before she could enter the office, she saw a boy looking directly at her with a wondering gaze. She decided to ignore him. ‘He must be surprised that a low life like me is allowed to enrol in this school I guess. Tch. What an asshole. Whatever.’ Lingering that thought in her mind, she walked into the office without hesitation.  She was called into the principal’s office and was given a talk because of her record in her previous schools.

“I see you have some very strong connections in the school board for being allowed to enroll in this school. Nonetheless, you are subject to this school’s rules and regulations. I don’t care who you are or who are your connections are. This is MY school. I RAN this school. Therefore, I expect a very well behaved attitude from you. Well, especially you.” Staring at Mia long and deep, she starts talking again, “I was informed that you don’t have a family, is that true? You are all alone?” Rolling her eyes, Mia only nodded in agreement. She felt that the principal was too annoying for her to use her voice to answer what she thought was the stupidest question ever directed towards her. ‘I think I’ve enrolled in the school for donkeys. The head of the school must be the King of all FOOLS in this world. Tch. What a joke. I guess elite schools aren’t any different from them norm schools’, Mia thought to herself. She was jerked back into reality when the headmaster shouted, “Hey! Are you listening to me!? I don’t know who your parents are, but don’t you think you can do anything that you want here! I pity you for having such an irresponsible par..’ A rage ran through Mia’s veins. She got up from the chair, giving a threatening gaze at the headmaster. A very loud screeching was heard from the chair she was sitting on. “Don’t you dare say one more word.” Breathing heavily, she starts talking again, “You stupid old hag! Just because you frickin run this school, doesn’t mean that you can say anything that comes to your mind. If you think that you are better than me than just drop it. Keep your thoughts to yourself. Before I lose any sense of respect I have left for you, back off.” Grabbing her bag, she stormed out of the office. Her rage was controlling her. ‘How could she say that? I thought the principal at an elite school would be different, better and...and...understanding. I guess, once you are seen as a low-life, it will always be your image. Tch!’

No comments:

Post a Comment