Thursday 27 October 2011

Fantasy:: Chapter #6


The First Day of School

                Early in the morning, the servants are busy preparing breakfast. The gardeners are busy cleaning up the yard. The chefs are busy cooking. They are all very focused on doing their jobs. This is an every ordinary day for the Kleins mansion’s life. Everybody is busy.

A loud knock on Ayumu’s door wakes her up from her dead slumber. ‘Um. Um. My lady Ayumu, are you awake?’. Ayumu wakes up in shock almost having a heart attack. She still does not answers the voice at the door. She gets up and scratches her head while walking towards the dressing table. She looks into the mirror and screamed. ‘AAAAAAAA!!!!!’ The voice at the door is dumbfounded and decided to rush into her room. ‘What happened, Princess?’ Ayumu is shocked by the fact that a servant entered her room without permission and is very angry with it. ‘Who lets you in? Do you have no respect for me at all? And it’s nothing. I just saw my face in the mirror and there was a bug on my face the size of your stupid pimple.’ The servant answers, ‘ I’m very sorry, Milady. I just wanted to know whether you were awake or not. I’ll take my leave now.’ The servant backs away and heads out of Ayumu’s room. Before the servant could pass the door, Ayumu interrupts, ‘Wait, what did you came here for? I won’t believe what you said earlier.’ The servant replies, ‘Um. Lord Hidekazu is waiting for you in the dining room. He told me to come and get you. That’s all, Milady.’ Sighing, Ayumu says, ‘I’ll have my breakfast at school. Let him know that. You may go now.’ The servant interrupts, ‘But, Milady. Lord Hidekazu insists on having you with him for breakfast. Moreover, I think you should have breakfast with your father at least before you head to school.’ Ayumu gets irritated by the servant’s babbling, ‘Who the HELL are you to tell me what to do? Am I not your mistress in this mansion? And what I do with my FATHER doesn’t concern you. Or nor does it concern my Father. So, if you may, please leave my room now. I have to get ready for school.’ The servant walks away slowly with disappointment. The servant is interrupted again, ‘Wait. Is Rikuo here?’ The servant does not answer but just simply nods in telling her yes. Ayumu turns away, ‘Would you please ask my father to get me my own ride? And tell him I won’t be needing a driver to send me to school. Oh, and I’ll be choosing my ride. I’ll let him know when I’ve picked my choice. For today only, I’ll use Kaoru’s bike to school. That will be all. You may leave.’ With that last command, the servant leaves her room and heads downstairs to the dining room.

Heading to the dining room, Miyuki just woke up with a very cheerful mood and greets the servant, ‘Hey! Ohaiyou!’. The servant replies with sadness in her voice, ’Ohaiyou, Miyuki-sama.’ Miyuki is surprised with her response.  Thinking that something might have happened, she asks the servant, ‘Ne, why do you look so sad? Did something happen?’ The servant does not answer her but simply shakes her head in a no gesture and walks away. Miyuki is very worried but then she finally realizes that the servant just came out from Ayumu’s room. ‘No wonder she is in a bad mood. Hmm. Ayumu is very good in making people around her upset.’ Uttering those last words, she heads downstairs as well to the dining room.

Just after a few minutes after Miyuki heads downstairs, Rikuo comes out from his room and walks towards Ayumu’s room. ‘Wonder if she is awake?’. He knocks softly on her door, ‘Mika? You awake?’. He can hear footsteps walking towards the door. Without a warning, Ayumu swings open the door, ‘Yo. Hai. I’m awake. Tsup?’ Rikuo was startled by her and gives out big laugh. While walking towards her closet, she can hear Rikuo’s laugh.

Ayumu: What’s so funny?
Rikuo: Really. You are.
Ayumu: It’s nice hearing you laugh so hard. Although for the fact that I’m the subject here.
Rikuo: Aww. Come on. Lighten up. I mean, you still haven’t changed much anyways. Swinging the door open like a fricking head banger or something. You gotta love that nee-chan.
Ayumu: HA HA HA. Laugh all you want, but…shouldn’t you get ready for school?
Rikuo: I am ready. What the heck are you talking about?
Ayumu: Nothing. Just that, you ain’t wearing the school uniform.
Rikuo: Huh! Hahahahaha! Again with the frickin joke sis. I’m wearing overcoats on top. It’s freezing cold out there. Didn’t you realize?
Ayumu: Oh. I thought you were gonna have breakfast with Father before you head to school.
Rikuo: Iie. Nah. Having breakfast with little miss I’m so happy every day ain’t really my fav thing to be doing. I’ll just stop by at a restaurant nearby later. What about you? Taking up the offer of having breakfast in the famous Klein’s mansion?
Ayumu: Good one. Haha. Nope. I was gonna head to school and maybe eat at the cafeteria or something.
Rikuo: Perfect. I was gonna ask you to tag along to school with me. We could stop by at a café near school.
Ayumu: Yea? Well, sure. But, I’m taking Kaoru’s bike. You think you’re up to it?
Rikuo: Kaoru’s bike? You sure you know how to ride one?
Ayumu: Are trying to take your own life?
Rikuo: Hahaha! Ok,ok. I’ll be waiting downstairs.
Ayumu: Hai, hai. Go, now!

Unfortunately it was all his imagination. The actual conversation does not go that way. It is totally different from what he had imagined. ‘Hmph. If it were actually true. I truly miss you Sis.’

When Rikuo knocks on Ayumu’s door, she comes to the door and turns the door knob gently. She swings open the door gently and looks up to see who knocked on her door. ‘Oh. It’s you.’ Her face seems upset and unhappy, unlike what he had imagined. ‘I wished that’s reality’ he thought to himself.

Rikuo: Hey. You okay?
Ayumu: Hmm? Ah. Yea. Yea. (walks to the dressing table)
Rikuo: You gonna have breakfast here?
Ayumu: No. I was thinking skipping breakfast and head to school straight away.
Rikuo: Alone?
Ayumu: Yea.
Rikuo: Why don’t you tag along with me? We could stop by at a café and have breakfast there.
Ayumu: I’m sorry but Kaoru told me to get to school early to get the school uniform and everything.
Rikuo: ……
Ayumu: Gomen ne. Maybe some other time. Ja ne. I’ll be leaving now.

Rikuo watches Ayumu leaves the room slowly and finally he decided to walk downstairs. He sits down on one of the luxurious looking couch in the living room and puts on his shoes. He is thinking to himself, ‘Why have you become like that? We were so close before. Now, it seems that you are so far away from me, Mika.’ With that last thought, he heads outside where the driver has been waiting for him for the past half an hour. He takes one last look at the mansion and gets in the car.

Ayumu heads to the garage at the backyard to get Kaoru’s old bike. While she is getting the bike, Hidekazu decided to show up to greet his daughter.
Hidekazu: What’s with getting your own ride thing?
Ayumu: I just don’t wanna be sent to school. If you can’t provide one, then I’ll just take the bus or train.
Hidekazu: No. that’s not what I meant.
Ayumu: Then?
Hidekazu: Hmm. Alright. I’ll send a servant to accompany you to get your ride this very evening.
Ayumu: Thank you, father. I appreciate it. I’ll take my leave now.
Hidekazu: Wait.
Ayumu: Yes?
Hidekazu: Have you seen Kaoru anywhere? I haven’t seen him all morning.
Ayumu: He told me that he is waiting for me at school. To settle all the stuff.
Hidekazu: Oh, yes. I did tell him to do that.
Ayumu: Anything else?
Hidekazu: Yes. Please keep an eye for Rikuo. He can’t get into anymore troubles. He is on the edge of expulsion.
Ayumu: I will father. I’ll be leaving now. Goodbye.
Hidekazu: Yes.  Goodbye. Take care of yourself.

With that, Ayumu rides away on her brother’s motorcycle. Her father watches her as she leaves the front gate of the mansion. After that, he leaves the front yard and heads upstairs.

After a few minutes, Ayumu finally arrives at the school. Once she enters the school, all eyes are on her and do not budge. All the students there thought that she was a guy, a very cool guy. But to their disappointment, she is a female. But it does not change the fact that all eyes were on her that day. So she takes off her helmet and walks into the school hall without the school uniforms. She can hear students and teachers are whispering to each other.

Student A: Hey. Who’s that?
Student B: I don’t know. Haven’t seen her around. By the look of that, she can’t be a student here.
Student C: Ya’ think so?
Students A, B, C: Hahahaha.
Student D: I heard that she is close with Rikuo Klein.
Student A: Whaa---?? Seriously? How the heck is a girl like that get close to the most popular guy in school?
Student E: Hey guys. Well, I heard that she is one of the family members of the Klein tribe.
Student C: No kidding. Wai--!! So she’s a student here?
Student E: Yea. I heard that she just moves from United States. She was studying overseas for a few years before she came back. And---
Students: And what???
Student E: Well, I heard that she came back out of her father’s orders.
Student A: No way. Like a command kind of way?
Student B: Yikes. That gives me the creeps.
Student C: yea, totally.

Teacher A: Hey. Isn’t that the student that you were talking about?
Teacher B: (spits out coffee) Where, where!?
Teacher C: There. Sheesh! Do you have to spray it?
Teacher A: Well?
Teacher B: Yea. That’s her. The one and only Ayumu Klein.
Teacher C: Wow. The whole Klein tribe is in this school. The school’s gonna get so much publicity.
Teacher A: yea, great for the principal.
Teachers: Hahahaha.

Ayumu enters the school office to meet up with her brother, Kaoru. She has been irritated by all of the gossiping worms around the school. She can’t believe that even the teachers are just the same as the students. Kaoru greets her because she seems like she is restless.

Kaoru: Yo. You look tired.
Ayumu: Try going out there.
Kaoru: Haha. Gotta get used to it lil sis.
Ayumu: As if.
Kaoru: Here, Your school uniform and everything. The school’s counselor will guide you and give you anything you need. I have to go now.
Ayumu: Wait.
Kaoru: Yea?
Ayumu: Where’s Rikuo’s class?
Kaoru: Hm. I think he’s at 3-1. Why?
Ayumu: Nothing. I just wondered.
Kaoru: Oh, ok. To think of it. It’s the same as your class. Well, good luck. See you at home.
Ayumu: Ah. Yea. See ya.

‘We’re in the same class? Maybe we can be like before again.’ After that, Ayumu heads to the changing room and change into the school uniform. The school counselor takes her to her class. When she is introduced to the whole class, the boys are very intimidated by her. They are all saying that she is very beautiful but have very cold eyes.
‘How would this year turn out to be? Hmm. I’ll just have to know the hard way.’

No comments:

Post a Comment